The term deadweight may refer to:
- The economics concept deadweight loss.
- Deadweight tonnage is an expression of a ship's carrying capacity, including the weight of the crew, passengers, cargo, fuel, ballast, drinking water, and stores.
- Deadweight (song), a song by Beck from the A Life Less Ordinary Soundtrack
- The extra weight on a machine part that lowers its performance when not in use. For example, the main engine on a rocket becomes dead weight when the propellant is used up. For this reason, multi-stages rockets eject engines after they have been utilised to reduce the dead weight. However, the later stages of the rocket are initially deadweight in the early stages of launch.
- Deadweight (U.S. band), the alternative hard rock trio consisting of electric violin, electric cello and drum kit from San Francisco Bay Area, California
- The death metal band from Stourbridge, UK
- The supposed weight gain of a body after death.
- The meaning of a deep unrelieved burden.
avoirdupois, bale, beef, beefiness, burden, burdening, burthen, cargo, charge, charging, cross, cumber, cumbrance, difficulty, disadvantage, drag, duty, embarrassment, encumbrance, fatness, freight, gravity, gross weight, hamper, handicap, heaviness, heft, heftiness, impediment, impedimenta, imposition, inconvenience, incubus, incumbency, lading, liveweight, load, loading, lumber, millstone, neat weight, net, net weight, onus, oppression, overbalance, overload, overtaxing, overweight, overweighting, pack, penalty, ponderability, ponderosity, ponderousness, poundage, pressure, saddling, superincumbency, surcharge, task, tax, taxing, tonnage, trouble, underweight, weight, weightiness, white elephant